new kernel install. instructions for book

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Mon Mar 12 22:15:19 PST 2001

Yo,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 12:48:11AM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Bah, scrap that one. $OLDPWD will of course be set to
> /mnt/lfs/wherever/kernel/is which will do us no good in chroot.

*patpats* I though you were going to sleep! :)

Why not just copy the headers over to $LFS/usr/include/linux|asm and
forget about /usr/src/linux and all the symbolic links.

I dunno...i've been thinking about it for a couple of months, perhaps i
should do a search on the mailing list archives again to remenber why i
didn't like that idea at first...dunno ;)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org