LILO

Franz Reinhardt <Franz Reinhardt fre at wenglor.de
Tue Mar 13 02:55:32 PST 2001

On Tuesday, 13. March 2001 11:25, Michel STEMPIN wrote:
> I just booted my new fresh LSF with success. Although, I am a little bit
> disappointed by the lilo boot: on my RH7.0, I have a little Tux picture and
> the console is at 1024x768x64k. It is not the case with LSF: I only have a
> (very) limited vga option set, and no Tux image...
>
> How do you do that? Is it in lilo? Does RH7.0 has a modified lilo?

In /etc/lilo.conf you can give lilo the following parameters:
vga=0x303 (this is an example!)
which switches your console to a higher resolution and shows Tux,
when the kernel is configured right (CONFIG_VIDEO_*).
This is described in Documentation/svga.txt and the lilo manuals.

You can also modify your lilo to use another background picture
for the menu. SuSE7.1 does this.

Kind regards,

Franz

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org