ldd

Thomas Krennwallner technik at e-moritz.at
Wed Mar 14 00:47:09 PST 2001

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 11:56:12AM -0500, the boisterous Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> > Why are there those //? It works fine, but I just wanna know, if there is
> > an error in my ldconfig stuff.
> It may be the way you compiled glibc. If you created the configparms file
> perhaps you entered slibdir=/lib/ instead of /lib

No, definitely not (my specfile told this ;-).

But my ld.so.conf looks like this:
/lib/
/usr/lib/
/usr/local/lib/

If I delete /etc/ld.so.cache, it looks nice, but when I run ldconfig and
create a new /etc/ld.co.cache, the // are here.

After removing the trailing / in ld.so.conf, ldd output looks nice whether
there is a /etc/ld.so.cache or not.

I think props should go to Thomas 'Balu' Walter for his right suggestion ;-).

But is this the right behaviour for ldconfig?

So long
Thomas

--
  ___
_/___\    Thomas Krennwallner <technik at e-moritz dot at>

E. Moritz GmbH
office at e-moritz.at
http://www.e-moritz.at/

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org