error installing bash

Frank Langtind frank at langtind.no
Wed Mar 14 01:00:07 PST 2001

When you encounter problems while trying to install LFS, there are three things you should do before asking the mailing list:
- Make sure you have read everything on the page and understood what to do.
- Check the FAQ
- Search the mailing list archive

In this case your problem would be solved by reading the whole page. Make a link from ncurses to lcurses as described in the book and everything should work ok.

Not to be rude, but if this mailing list should be capable of answering all questions, it depends on the users to read the documentation and check if the problem has been discussed before.

Frank.

Hi,

i'm trying to build 'linux from scratch', but when I install the bash-packet, I get this error :

/usr/bin/ld : cannot find -lcurses
collect2 : ld returned 1 exit status
make : *** [bash] Error 1

What could be the problem en the solution to this ?

Greetinx,

Jeroen Buyck
Looking for an e-mail address ? Use your recipient's mobile number! +44 (385) 123456 becomes 44385123456 at winbox.com . Try it now! This is a unique service from http://www.winbox.com

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org