new kernel install. instructions for book

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Wed Mar 14 03:47:20 PST 2001

Yo,

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 01:03:07PM +0100, Fabio Fracassi wrote:
> I know that at least SuSe has(had?) it the same way as we do, with symlinks.
> Since I have never heard of any problems with this (neither here nor in SuSe
> times), I belive we should stick to it.

See, that's part of the problem, bough ways work and i've never had
problems doing it either way, so it's more about which is more
"cleaner", imho.

I still feel more safe copy'ing the files, just figured id mention it,
it's a good idea to check every now and then to see if your doing it
the "right way"(tm) (if such as thing exists...great i'm mumbling now,
bah! :)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org