new kernel install. instructions for book

jerry jdinardo at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 14 06:34:48 PST 2001

The vast majority of programs you compile will be happier with header files
coupled to glibc compile.

A few programs such as hdparm are somewhat more likely to compile and/or
work properly when compiled against headers of current kernel.

Therefore , you just need to include headers for current kernel in the few
programs that need it with small mod to makefile.

jpd

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org