gzip, gunzip, zcat

Erika Pacholleck Pacholleck.E at gmx.de
Wed Mar 14 12:11:22 PST 2001

( Mär-14-2001 ) Gerard Beekmans <--:
> That's why I chose to use symlinks in the book. I think it's easier to manage
> those.

I choose for my LFS all symlinks for this reason:

I do not use rpm or another package manager but only my install list.
So if I want to get rid of a package I compiled, it is just faster to
see whether a symlink left points to nothing, see to what target that
was going and then delete.

Exchanging versions is faster, just rename to file.old and the symlink
will still point to the new file.

And when preparing my directory structure I have one section in my
install script creating just all symlinks in one action, so I do not
forget one on my way ;)
--
Erika

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org