unable to mount reiserfs /dev/hda8

didbaba didbaba at free.fr
Thu Mar 15 05:25:14 PST 2001

Le Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 04:05:45PM -0500 , Gerard Beekmans écrivait :
> Okay. I haven't tried reiserfs with a 2.2 kernel. I started using reiserfs
> when i was using 2.4 kernels. can you try a 2.4 kernel (say the 2.4.2 one)
> just to see if it works then. If so it would seem a bug in the reiserfs code
> for the 2.2.18 kernel.
>
> --
> Gerard Beekmans
> www.linuxfromscratch.org

I change my kernel for 2.4.1, (can't wait to download 2.4.2, will change in LFS 3.0). compile, ln -s linux linux-2.4.1... and reboot.
Except for the well known problem of waiting one minute before login (I'll look for in search.linuxfromscratch.org), I can now mount my /dev/hda8 reiserfsed.

maybe the 2.2.18 is buggy with reiserfs.

Thank you for the help.

--
didbaba