Cosmetic, yet annoying, issue

Jason L. Smith jloris at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 09:27:00 PST 2001

Hello all,

I'm working on the scripts in chapter 7 (2.4.4) and I
have an annoying problem.  Vim works fine, but when I
start it up with a file argument, that file output is
simply overlaid on the current terminal output, rather
than first clearing the screen and then showing the
file contents.  It's a bit difficult to tell which is
the file, and which is the previous screen garbage.

I think it's relevant that the 'clear' command does
not do anything in bash.  Is this just a limitation of
the chroot environment at this point?  Is there a way
to get this all working correctly now, or shall I just
wait 'til I'm further along.

Thanks,

Jason