Timezone problem

Pedro Ortigao Pedro.Ortigao at netcabo.pt
Sat Mar 17 03:28:10 PST 2001

> I had the same 'problem'. Don't reinstall, my glibc-2.2.2 system now
> runs fine (although I don't need X, so be warned). glibc-2.2.2 doesn't
> install the timezones by default (since I'm lazy I didn't check if there
> is a nice supported option, I just went and created the timezones).
>
> The simple solution: (go to source directory of glibc-2.2.2)
>
> # cd timezone
> # zic europe            # and all the others you like
>
> Now you can proceed as stated in the book.

Thanks!
After your help that problem was solved and I've booted from my new LFS
glibc-2.2.2 system last night (not without some more glitches with lilo that
meant using redhat rescue option...:-) Still a lot to figure out in linux
for me and LFS is being a great help.

Great work guys. Maybe in a few months I can start answering to some people
questions too!

Pedro Ortigao

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org