2.95.3

Marc Heerdink marc_heerdink at softhome.net
Sat Mar 17 13:18:26 PST 2001

J.A. Neitzel wrote on Sat, 17 Mar 2001 14:11:47 -0500:
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcc/	(or any other mirror local to me)

GNU is often late with updating their archives. I downloaded gcc 2.95.3 this
morning (it's 22:14 now) from ftp://gcc.gnu.org/. (BTW... GNU doesn't have the
2.95.2.1 gcc release either). I'll do an LFS system with it tomorrow (with the
new syslog, grep, textutils etc etc <= all new stuff from GNU) and see what
happens. I don't expect too much trouble. If I get a lot of trouble, it would be
a reason not to use gcc 2.95.3. Otherwise we should, because GNU is cleaning up
all of its C stuff (gcc, glibc). I prefer to take the step early.

- L. Flon

Marc Heerdink
marc_heerdink at softhome.net
http://www.koelkast.net/