Making make

Neil Toronto neil_toronto at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 17 21:33:41 PST 2001

First post.

Good news - got a bug fix, not a question.  When I made make, I got the
following error:

job.o: In function `load_too_high':
job.o(.text+0x117f): undefined reference to `getloadavg'

I ended up making the following change to ./Makefile to get it to work:

Old version:

make_OBJECTS =  ar.o arscan.o commands.o dir.o expand.o file.o \
function.o getopt.o implicit.o job.o main.o misc.o read.o remake.o \
rule.o signame.o variable.o vpath.o default.o remote-$(REMOTE).o \
version.o getopt1.o

New version:

make_OBJECTS =  ar.o arscan.o commands.o dir.o expand.o file.o \
function.o getopt.o implicit.o job.o main.o misc.o read.o remake.o \
rule.o signame.o variable.o vpath.o default.o getloadavg.o
remote-$(REMOTE).o \
version.o getopt1.o

I also had to compile getloadavg.c on its own with "gcc -c getloadavg.c."

If anyone has had this problem and knows a better way, please reply.

Thanks,
Neil

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org