GNU software updates

Ainsley Pereira marble at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 18 01:28:11 PST 2001

In message <01031723311408.00209 at gwaihir>
          Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wittered:

> not any alpha such as textutils. gcc has been questionable according to some
> people that i've read here on the list. A full LFS installation with
> gcc-2.95.3 and some other packages like X, QT, KDE, etc will need to be run
> before making the switch. glibc-2.2.2 will need a closer look as well.

FWIW, I intend to start such an installation today, assuming I can download
gcc in a reasonable time on my dialup... I'll let you know how it goes.

~ainsley

  / Ainsley 'Marble' Pereira / http://www.snowplains.org /

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org