new packages

Marc Heerdink marc_heerdink at softhome.net
Sun Mar 18 14:52:23 PST 2001

Sander Striker wrote on Sun, 18 Mar 2001 20:48:09 +0100:
> Marc, while your at it, try installing grub instead.

I'm gonna do that tonight.

> In my personal opinion it is a better bootloader and
> should be recommended in the book.

Note that GRUB is still alpha software. Once it's declared stable (and I'm happy
with it) it may be a good idea to exchange lilo for it. An important reason to
do so is that it's from GNU. Other reasons might be better error recovery,
easier to use, newbie-friendlier etc etc. We'll start this discussion when it's
stable okay?

- L. Flon

Marc Heerdink
marc_heerdink at softhome.net