pt_chown and gettext

Simon Perreault nomis80 at videotron.ca
Sun Mar 18 16:53:31 PST 2001

On Sunday 18 March 2001 19:15, Marc Heerdink wrote:
> Have you ever tried "which pt_chown" on a non-LFS-CVS system? Right, it
> doesn't exist. Not here on two glibc 2.2.1-LFS 2.4.4 systems anyway. Why
> would we need it then?

Because it is a part of glibc?

It is needed to "set the owner, group and access permission of the slave
pseudo terminal corresponding to the master pseudo terminal passed on file
descriptor `3'." It is "the helper program for the `grantpt' function" and
"is not intended to be run directly from the command line". There. Shameless
man page copy-pasting.

--
Simon Perreault -- Public key: http://nomis80.dyn.dhs.org/nomis80.gpg
I know Linux. I need a job. Do I fit your needs? Email me!

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org