new packages

Marc Heerdink marc_heerdink at softhome.net
Tue Mar 20 11:39:21 PST 2001

arthur at linuxbox.nu wrote on Tue, 20 Mar 2001 13:49:55 -0500 (EST):
> I would have to agree.  Lilo is getting more and more improved.  I don't
> see any reason to switch to a different boot loader.  More people use Lilo
> than Grub, at least that seems to be the perception.  We should probably
> stick to whats most popular.

Then we would stick to windows :) No seriously, we should use the best of the
two. Sounds quite simple, but it's hard to decide which one is better. Both of
them boot Linux, both of them boot other OS-es. LILO has a menu, grub doesn't
(?). Grub has a good command line, LILO hasn't. Grub can boot your system when
the config has changed, LILO can't. Let's use grub once it's declared stable.

- L. Flon

Marc Heerdink
marc_heerdink at softhome.net
http://www.koelkast.net/