Question about bootscript links

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 20 11:57:27 PST 2001

On March 18, 2001 06:15 pm, Sander Striker wrote:
> Ahh, I see, in the rc script,

There's even a rational, some would say logic, explanation why we use a S
link rather than a K link.

Very short; we generally use Kxxx links to kill something, like daemons.
Unmounting file system doesn't fit under that category so we use a Sxxx
script. Also, Kxxx are processed before Sxxx scripts, which gives you more
control when you unmount file systems and such. That way you can be assured
that first everything is killed before unmounted.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org