libexecdir and i686-pc-linux-gnu-dir

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 20 12:04:30 PST 2001

> yes. This means that to conform to FHS you should use
> libexecdir=/usr/lib.

It should probably be changed yes. I myself just don't like having binaries
in /usr/lib. Personally I don't agree with the FHS on that one; i have my own
ideas on what belongs in 'bin' directories and what belongs in 'lib'
directories. If I could have it my way, 'bin' dirs. will have binaries
(whether they're interal binaries used by libraries-only or not I don't care)
and 'lib' dirs will have just that; libraries (shared and static).

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org