Mount Reiserfs in LFS3.0 pre1

Peter Havshøi havshoei at vip.cybercity.dk
Wed Mar 21 07:24:09 PST 2001

> On March 21, 2001 3:17 PM, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>
> Your kernel can't autodetect it?

No it can't, and the reiserfs patch are compiled into the kernel source.
The kernel are patched as this:
    linux-2.2.18-ow4 (security patch)
    linux-2.2.18-reiserfs-3.5.31-patch (and reiserfsprogs made acc. to spec.)
    linux-ide-2.2.18-patch (for Promise ULTRA66 controler)

I have used this config for a while and have had no problems.

Right now I am building a LFS 3.0pre1 with 2.4.2 kernel, when it is boot'able I can check if it also needs at filetype to mount a resierfs partition.

Peter.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org