libexecdir and i686-pc-linux-gnu-dir

Justin Judd justin at standmed.com
Wed Mar 21 10:02:39 PST 2001

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Dieter Scholz wrote:

> 2.)
>
> In my usr hierarchy there is a i686-pc-linux-gnu dir with an empty subdir
> include (created by gcc).
>
> Is it possible to delete it without consequences or - even better - how can
> I modify the gcc build process so that this directory wouldn't be created.

I was looking at this issue last night and afaik you can't alter this with
a configure option. I started looking through makefiles and found where
this is set in gcc/Makefile. I was going to sed the Makefile, then I
decided to just rm it. I don't think I'll miss it. I would be interested
if anyone has an elegant way to keep the directory from getting created in
the first place.

-Justin

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org