2.95.3

Perrin Aybara vze24938 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 21 13:24:58 PST 2001

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 02:47:45PM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> By the way, I'm running a glibc-2.2.1 system here and I installed postfix as
> well. The compile went just fine, it runs just great. I have skimmed through
> your emails but haven't had the time to read it in detail. Have you at some
> point tried to compile without any optimization?

Yup.  Even though the makefiles in the source tree were already using "-O" by default (no level after the O), I removed that so there was _no_ optimization specified.  Still, though, no dice.

I know that it wasn't glibc-2.2.* itself that was the problem, there were most likely other factors involved.  If glibc-2.2.* was the problem, there'd be a lot of angry postfix users out there--and I've never seen a snippit about glibc-2.2 on the postfix-users list.  No biggie though, i'm back to glibc-2.1.3 and finishing up my post-book pre-X script, getting ready to write and test my post-X script later in the evening.

> Your postfix crashes can also be caused by a faulty Glibc installation.
> Perhaps see if you can recompile Glibc and reinstall it.

Nope.  At one point I checked and re-checked my LFS scripts, and the Glibc commands are identical to those in the book (as are the rest--when I had the GCC problem a while back, I went over the scripts with a fine-toothed comb).

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org