Making All Kernel Modules

Paul Bullis pbullis at austin.rr.com
Wed Mar 21 23:34:08 PST 2001

I finished putting together a custom LFS system that works well with the 2.4.2 kernel and have a question.  I would like to compile all kernel modules into the /lib/modules/2.4.2 directory without having to go through the whole config and selecting 'M' by hand.  I tried using the "yes" command as we did in the book, this time with an M and a few other chars, but kept running into problems with the questions that do not accept the 'M'.  After a night's search through google, metacrawler, ixquick, Linux Documentation Project, Dejanews, and the past mailing list archives (which answered most of my other questions), I am positive that my search string sucks. So if anyone has done this, I would appreciate any suggestions.

PS: I know that this is pebcac on my part, but I trust in the list...thanks.