mawk/gawk (revisited)

Perrin Aybara vze24938 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 22 19:15:10 PST 2001

On a related note...

Since I downgraded to glibc-2.1.3, I dug up the first version of Marc Heerdink's 3dfx-Howto to check & use the instructions for the CVS GLU stuff.  I got the same problem I had on a glibc-2.2 system, and a ps -ef mentioned awk.  All I had to do was remove the awk -> mawk symlink and make it awk -> gawk, and all was well.  Apparently mawk chokes on the syntax it's given somewhere in the GLU build, whereas gawk has no problem with it.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org