changing cpp links

Clay Mitchell clay at pfd.net
Fri Mar 23 16:48:36 PST 2001

i went by the 3.0 so ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: balu at itreff.de [mailto:balu at itreff.de]On Behalf Of Thomas 'Balu'
Walter
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2001 7:49 PM
To: lfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: changing cpp links

+-Clay Mitchell-(clay at earthquake.pfd.net)-[24.03.01 00:54]:
> i had some problems with stuff looking for cpp in /lib, so i linked it to
> /usr/bin/cpp and those problems went magically away.

If you went by the book you should have created those links in Chapter 5
(book-2.4.4):

       cd $LFS/lib &&
       ln -s ../usr/lib/gcc-lib/*/2.95.2/cpp cpp &&
       cd $LFS/usr/lib &&
       ln -s gcc-lib/*/2.95.2/cpp cpp &&
       cd $LFS/usr/bin &&
       ln -s gcc cc

The problem is that those links should not point to
usr/lib/gcc-lib/*/2.95.2/cpp, but to /usr/bin/cpp.

I've added it to the todo for 3.0.

       Ba-what.was.I.going.to.dozzzzzZZZZ-lu

--
<Nemmus> I thought he was banned to CA