making 'make' - second install

Lab Monkey labmonkey at ns.sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 23 21:19:38 PST 2001

3/23/2001 6:57:09 AM, Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

>I don't know to be honest. I don't know why it wants to find a 'makefile'
>file. That file simply isn't created.
>
>Perhaps try to force make to use the 'Makefile' file by running:
>	make -f Makefile

upon trying to force 'Makefile', i got this message:

make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/make-3.79.1'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `all-recursive'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/make-3.79.1'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

hopefully, this is a problem with a more pedestrian solution :)

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org