mount question

Jeffrey B. Ferland autocracy at linuxfreemail.com
Sun Mar 25 14:39:09 PST 2001

Jesse McCrosky wrote:

>         "mount -a" produces no output.  Not too helpful, eh.  As for my
> repentance, which infinitely benevolent being is to grant my redemption?
>  How should I address him?  Perhaps you could provide an example prayer?
>  Previously I had assumed that linux could provide for my spiritual
> needs, lately now, however, I have been searching for something more;
> perhaps this God of yours could be what I seek, or maybe I just need
> MacOS X. ;)

Funny people. Anyhow, exit codes ARE error messages. They work
just like chmod codes - available codes are 1,2,4,8,16,32,64, and
128 (at least, if you follow that standard so you can describe
any combination of errors in one message using an 8 bit code...).
32, therefore, is a definite error message. Check the
documentation and you should find it. If not, contact the
developer.

-Jeff
SIG: HUP

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org