help please?

jm3needad jimmyt_97 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 22:21:59 PST 2001

hello,

i don't know if this is the right place to write to
but i have a slight problem in installing LFS
i am now in chapter 5 - installing bash
but in running the command "./configure ......etc....

i get an error message "bash: ./configure: No such file or directory"

how can i install this file or directory?
should it be on the original linux distro?
i'm using mandrake 7 - it was the easiest to install that i could find
but i am excited abou compiling my own, leaner linux version
although just a newbie, i have a slight programming background.

thank you for your time and if this is the wrong place
maybe you could point me to the right direction.

jmtrinidad

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org