LFS on the IBM mainframe

Marcel Foortjes m.foortjes at cid.nl
Tue Mar 27 00:47:19 PST 2001

Hello,

I don't know if some of you also follow the discussions on the LINUX-390
list but following mail is from that list ;) Keep on the good work !

To : LINUX-390 at VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: 64-bit Linux/390 Build -- progress?

My system is built according to the "Linux from Scratch" manual. It doesn't
put things in the same place as SuSE (e.g. /etc/init.d versus /sbin/init.d).
My intention has been to create a minimal yet functioning system that people
can use to build whatever they want (i.e. rebuild all the rpms from the
Redhat, SuSE, or Turbo CDs).