AMD K6-2 and illegal instruction

Thomas Krennwallner technik at e-moritz.at
Tue Mar 27 14:45:37 PST 2001

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 08:59:56PM +0200, the boisterous Thomas Krennwallner <technik at e-moritz.at> wrote:
> one processor type? Should I recompile gcc + glibc with i386-pc-linux-gnu
> as configure option? I tried to compile rpm with CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -march=i386",
> but this doesn't work, so I think the prob is in glibc. Can you verify this?

I can verify this (in case someone is interessted in this ;-).

I added the line
CFLAGS=-O2 -m486 -fno-strength-reduce
to $LFS/usr/src/glibc-2.1.3-build/configparms and recompiled glibc and rpm ->
voila, it worked. So my question is:
why not add this CFLAGS=xx line to configparms. Seems like fixing the cc to
this will fix some problems with different hardware (when compiling on one
machine ,-)

What do you think of it?

So long
Thomas

--
  ___
_/___\    Thomas Krennwallner <technik at e-moritz dot at>

E. Moritz GmbH
office at e-moritz.at
http://www.e-moritz.at/

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org