installing bash error, please help

Warren Doney wardon at xtra.co.nz
Wed Mar 28 00:37:53 PST 2001

You need to install the c/c++ development tools that come
with your distro - simplest way to do this with Mandrake 7
is to boot from your cdrom like you were going to install it,
but choose "update" instead of "install", "custom install" &
"development".

Is the partition you want to install LFS on actually mounted?
(if you enter "mount" at the command line you should see it
in the list), & did you sucessfully create all the directories?

You should post questions like this to the lfs-apps list, &
you might find #lfs useful
http://linuxfromscratch.org/services/irc.php

-WBD