Taking LFS further...

Gary Hall Gur at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 28 05:03:44 PST 2001

After successfully completing my LFS system :-) I was a bit disappointed that the guide simply ended and didn't go on to explain how to install things like XFree86 from the sources from scratch... I know these sort of instructions are probably found elsewhere but it would be nice if they were included in the LFS manual...
After searching for instructions on compiling Enlightenment and finding I needed a number of other libraries I was kinda annoyed. I know the LFS is by nature a basic system but still, I would have like to have seen some further instructions or links.

Gary Hall