Installing man - problems?

Thomas 'Balu' Walter tw at itreff.de
Wed Mar 28 12:50:33 PST 2001

Hello list, hi Andries,

+-Thomas 'Balu' Walter-(tw at itreff.de)-[28.03.01 21:39]:
> IMHO the problem is in the way the configure looks for the programs. If
> I've analyzed it correctly it looks for all the files in $DEFPATH, which
> is set using the following construct:

[snip]

I've diff'ed man-1.5i-configure with man-1.5h1-configure and found a
solution that was okay in the older script, but got "badscripted"
somehow (- deleted line, + added line):

        IFS0="$IFS"
        IFS=":$IFS"
-for i in /bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/local/bin:$PATH
+XPATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/local/bin:$PATH
+for i in $XPATH
        do
          case $i in
            /*)
              DEFPATH="$DEFPATH $i"
              ;;
          esac
        done

Another problem that came up was that we use "mawk" instead of "gawk"
here, but usually a link from awk to mawk was solution enough.

How can we add that to the configure-script?
(Until now we are using a quite complicated ;-) workaround:
     sed s/AWK=/"AWK=\/usr\/bin\/mawk"/ /usr/sbin/makewhatis > makewhatis-new
     mv makewhatis-new /usr/sbin/makewhatis &&
     chmod 755 /usr/sbin/makewhatis
)

     Balu

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org