gcc-2.95.3

Thomas Schwinge tschwinge at gmx.net
Thu Mar 29 08:50:06 PST 2001

Hello!

One question:
I'm just installing my first LFS-System. I got up to Chapter 5 -
Installing GCC.
Since gcc-2.95.3 is out now, I decided to install that instead of
gcc-2.95.2.1 as proposed in the book.
I used the same configure and make parameters and everything worked
fine.
But then in the book is written to create a link from
$LFS/usr/lib/gcc-lib/*/2.95.3/cpp to $LFS/lib/cpp and $LFS/usr/lib. But
in $LFS/usr/lib/gcc-lib/*/2.95.3/ I don't have the file cpp. I only have
cpp0. Should I link to that file or what went wrong there?
Another question:
I've planned to install glibc-2.2.2 istead of 2.2.1.
Are there any problems?

Thomas

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org