The path to Enlightenment?

Daniel Gryniewicz dang at fprintf.net
Fri Mar 30 07:53:11 PST 2001

> I successfully compiled XFree86 and Enlightenment just now after being
> directed to the hints section of LFS.org by your good selves. However, I
> get the following error when I run startx:
>
> "Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/,
> removing from list!
> Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/,
> removing from list!"
>
> And after editing ~/.xinitrc the following was appended to the end of
> this error:
>
> "/usr/local/enlightenment/bin/enlightenment: error in loading shared
> libraries: libFnlib.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory"
>
> I do have libFnlib installed, otherwise Enlightenment's ./configure
> script would have failed...
>
> I'm totally stuck and I also apologise for going slightly off-topic!
>
> Gary Hall

Hi.

First, the font notices are nothing to worry about.  That happens all the time
on the majority of X installs out there.  As long as your X can find the 75
dpi fonts, it will remain quite happy.

As to the library errors, I see two problems.  Either it can't find the
library (it's not in LDPATH or you haven't run ldconfig?  Is it in
/usr/X11R6/lib?  If so, is that path in you /etc/ld.conf?), or the libFnlib is
the wrong version.  (Is there a libFnlib.so.1?  If so, link it to
libFnlib.so.0).  If it's not either of those, I'm stumped.  I don't use
enlightenment, and fvwm is quite happy. :)

Daniel

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org