glibc-version?

Thomas 'Balu' Walter tw at itreff.de
Fri Mar 30 14:09:32 PST 2001

Some of you might remember what problems and suggestions we had to
figure out the version of the installed glibc some months ago
(2.4.4-book IIRC)....

We got stuck with
        strings /lib/libc* | grep "release version"

Gimli (Marc) just showed me the ultimate solution on #lfs:

just RUN the lib:

balu at balu-suse:~ > /lib/libc.so.6
GNU C Library stable release version 2.1.3, by Roland McGrath et al.
Copyright (C) 1992, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 Free Software Foundation,

[...]

     Ba-why.easy.if.there.is.a.complicated.way-lu

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org