Install-log 3.0-CVS (LONG)

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Sat Mar 31 00:37:03 PST 2001

On Friday 30 March 2001 21:06, Thomas 'Balu' Walter wrote:
> Okay - here we go again...  (some of you might have missed that):
>
> Host-system: SuSE Linux 7.0 (i386), Pentium II (Deschutes) 400 Mhz
> Installed LFS: nightly CVS builds (that changed by the time ;)
>
> Notes during installation:

<SNIP>

> Packages that need to be downloaded:
> (only listing the updated I've installed):
>         gcc-2.95.3.tar.gz
>         glibc-2.2.2.tar.gz		(DON'T even think of that!)
>         glibc-linuxthreads-2.2.2.tar.gz (DON'T even think of that!)
>         man-1.5i.tar.gz
>         file-3.34.tar.gz
>         lilo-21.7.tar.gz
>         mod-utils-2.4.5
>         procinfo-18.tar.gz
>         shadow-20001016.tar.gz
>         sysklogd-1.4.1.tar.gz
>         util-linux-2.11b.tar.gz
>         man-pages-1.35.tar.gz
>         net-tools-1.59.tar.bz2

<SNIP>

> Note:
> Here and some times more I wonder if it is a good idea to first display
> the commands and then a note like "change this or that" afterwards.
> Wouldn't it be better to do that other way round?

Make sense to me. Below for bash install.

> Installing Bash:
>       - ./configured without --disable-nls,
>       - Moved the "Note:" in front of the ncurse-linking commands, so
>         that a user first reads it - and then uses the commands
> 	-> Changed in book

<SNIP>

> That's it for now - I did not do the rest yet, because I am kinda tired
> (22 hours online right now) ;-)
>
> And I also wanted to do that without glibc-2.2.2 again... (to get
> closer to the target of 3.0)

Wow, you are amazing! =) Ha ha... ;o)
You keep the best records I've ever seen. I have finally gotten to where
I keep notes on what I do. Definitely a good thing... And I have always
learned a lot from the install logs that you post. BIG THANKS =))
--
Cheers,
Jeff

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org