why change ownership of /static?

Alex Groenewoud krisp at wanadoo.nl
Sat Jun 1 05:14:37 PDT 2002

Right after chroot'ing into LFS the ownership of the existing files and
directories is changed to root.  I fail to see the purpose of this.
Root can use them, no matter who is the owner.  And somewhere in the
middle of chapter 6 the whole /static branch will be thrown away,
anyway.
IMO it's better to have the files in /static owned by someone else than
root, to show it is only scaffolding, a temporary affair.

Or am I overlooking something and is there a compelling reason for the
change of ownership?  Then the text should mention this reason.

Alex

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org