concentrate the sections on downloading?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 3 05:00:54 PDT 2002

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 10:57:54PM +0200, Alex Groenewoud wrote:
> At the moment the sections concerned with downloading are scattered over
> three different chapters.
> Wouldn't it make more sense to put them all together?
> That is, get "Where to store" from chapter 2 and  "Mirror sites" from
> chapter 1, and put them before "Packages you need" in chapter 3?

Even though chapter 1's title is inappropriate (has been for a long time),
I like the mirror list in there. I look at chapter 1 as a quick overview of
the various resources LFS offers (mirror, mailinglists, FAQ).

Then again if we can make a clean split so chapter 1 has the book-only
informational things like changelog, version, acknowledgements and contact
info, we can move all the other things elsewhere. Chapter 3 seems ok for
mirrors but that'll split that off from the other LFS resources such as
mail.lists/archives, newsserver and faq.

Before we do this, let's find a 'new home' for those items.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org