CVS - where should I build chapter 6 ?

Paulo Andre' fscked at itsari.org
Tue Jun 4 11:33:45 PDT 2002

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 14:10:26 -0400 (EDT)
Adam Trilling <agt10 at columbia.edu> wrote:

> > Well, I don't think the above are entirely correct, so it confuses a
> > bit. I'd say it's something along these lines (where $LFS is the
> > root of your LFS partition)...
> >
> > ln -sf $LFS/usr/bin/cpp /lib &&
> > ln -sf $LFS/bin/cpp /usr/lib &&
> > ln -sf gcc /usr/bin/cc
> >
> > However, I may be mistaken, don't trust heavily on it. Seems alright
> > to me but you'd want to have a second opinion :)
>
> This is in chapter 6, after we've chrooted.  Therefore, $LFS doesn't
> exist and is assumed to be /

Wrong choice. I meant $LFS not in the sense given by LFS authors before
chroot'ing but simply as the root of the newly built LFS system. Which
means / indeed and my $LFS can then be omitted.

> make distclean should do it, and a lot of configure scripts have an
> option to ignore their cache file.  try ./configure --help

Yes, and you can also delete the 'config.cache' file in case configure
time options in cache are getting in the way.

	-- Paulo Andre'
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org