More SBUs (Part 1)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jun 9 08:22:45 PDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 09:57:30PM -0400, Adam Trilling wrote:
> I'm jumpstarting two machines right now: a dual P3/933 and a P2/350.
> P3 stats here; P2 stats under seperate cover (since it's going to take
> a couple more days to finish with a 285 sec SBU).

<snip>

Again it shows that SMP machines don't have the same relative numbers are
uni processor machines have, therefore I'll wait for your P2/350 stats and
have to let the dual P3/933 go by unused.

People might want to argue that the book should then include seperate stats
for SMP machines. However personally I don't think it to be that big of a
deal. If you have SMP all bets are off and you'll have a faster building
system (usually) so you can compensate for that yourself by substracting a
few minutes of bigger packages.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org