Another request concerning the book.

Seth W. Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Fri Jun 14 16:14:06 PDT 2002

Bill Maltby LFS Related <lfsbill at wlmcs.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, David BOURIAUD wrote:
>
> > <snip happy for the book, suggest a change>
>
> > It would be great to
> > have a chapter in the book concerning the kernel configuration.
>
> I agree. For new users, at least a guide to proper CPU, experimental,
> module support. Maybe not a whole chapter, bat a few paragraphs. But
> *only* enough to allow LFS installation. *No* advanced topics. Those
> belong in hints or BLFS.

I seriously think that the only thing of this type that belongs in
the book is a pointer to the Kernel Module and Kernel Compiling HOWTOs.

If they aren't good enough, changes should be contributed to them.
Duplicating documentation is a Very Bad Thing(tm) because when (and
not if) something changes, you must go around and root out all the
many places where it's been documented.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org