Another request concerning the book.

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Mon Jun 17 14:53:00 PDT 2002

Hello,

I kind of see the point of David's request.  The documentation
that is availible is, TO SOME EXTENT, without good exapmples.
I don't mean to say it's not usable, just that without messing with,
and potentially breaking things, it's difficult to understand and learn.
A little over a year ago, Linux was the "dark side" lol, and I've
learned a lot from LFS.  I love it!  But I went through a ton of trial and
error. But I myself am a visual learner and therefore learn by doing.
Docs mean squat to me if I don't sit down and play with all the options
as I need them.  Anyways, my point is:  Does anybody think a hint
on this topic (brief section on kernel config and mostly using modules),
to be presented in a kind of tutorial like mannor vs. the black and
white of the kernel docs, is an absolutely terrible idea that would
inhibit learning?  Or could that possibly be a good thing?

Comments, suggestions?  Perhaps this should be moved to blfs-support
or lfs-chat....Anyway, my two cents,

D.J. Lucas

news:20020614191406.24ba69b3.sk at sethwklein.net...