LFS under 100MB?

jsmaby at virgo.umeche.maine.edu jsmaby at virgo.umeche.maine.edu
Thu Jun 20 05:46:51 PDT 2002

> I'm trying (for some sick reason) to fit a LFS install onto a 486-25 with a
> 100MB root partition.
>
> I only need editors, basic utilities and network support (no compiler or
> development libraries or internationalization).

Isn't 100mb a bit overkill for this?  Considering that I was able to fit a
lfs capable of reproducing itself (i.e. development stuff included) in under
25mb, I think your task will be quite simple.  Heck, you could do that on a
floppy disk.  Check out busybox.  You could always just compile things statically,
and just copy over the programs you want, not worrying about libraries.
-James
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org