perl patch needs improvements

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 27 04:21:49 PDT 2002

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 11:00:27AM +0200, Olivier wrote:
>     I got no problem that way, but I suggest investigations to find a
> cleaner workaround.

That's why LC_ALL should be set to POSIX and not to a locale, because of
these problems arising. I don't know of a cleaner way. Quite frankly, that
perl script sed's out other kinds of symbols in the exact same way. GCC-3
just adds a few more, so that script now seds a few more too. I can't take
into account that other languages are used, and the book does assume you're
not doing that.

Having that said, if you want to take the time to find a way so this
script will work under any circumstance, go right ahead. I myself am not
going to do it though.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org