Maintain old distribution support?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 1 11:39:23 PDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 01:23:39PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> I'm trying to get my hands on debian 2.2r6 so far the downloads aren't
> progressing. I once got 50% of the first cd iso image, then that site went
> down...of course I was doing it by http and no resume option.

Got it, installed, LFS'ed from it.

All went ok, the explicit export ... unset weren't needed and this Debian
version is about as old as it's going to get (glibc/bash wise) I think, so
I'm calling the export ... unset construction obsolete.

I'm going to remove all glibc-2.0 things in a minute (gzip and sh-utils
patches) and change those export ... unset into "var=value ./configure"
constructions.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org