Newbie Problem: Keyboard "return" not working at logout

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 4 13:56:13 PDT 2002

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 05:06:39PM -0700, Justin Knierim wrote:
> will not work.  When I hit enter, it instead shows on
> the screen a "^M".  And I cannot get past this screen

That happens on my system once in a while as well. However since I can't
reproduce it at will, I haven't been able to track it down why it happens
sometimes, and why not. All I can say it isn't necesarrily related to your
backup restoration. Just a coincidence (at least so far until a real
diagnosis can be made).

Oh, there is a way to get past the ^M thing. Unfortuantely when I last got
it I just starting hitting all kinds of keys without seeing what I did, at
one point it just continued as it should. I know not very helpful but there
you go, perhaps if you have time try some key combinations and see if you
can figure it out.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org