LFS Goals and Future

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 6 10:43:58 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 01:25:02PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Coming back to the LFS book itself: the target is people with a higher
> level of knowledge of the command line and knowledge of commands. The book
> will be reverted back to that over time. It probably won't be a one big
> change-over but more a gradual change. For example when symlinks are
> created, the command explanations will only explain why that particular
> link is created, not what the command itself does (this fits in the realm
> of properly adding comments to source code of any program: explain what it
> does, not how it's done. The 'how' part can be extrapolated from the
> source itself, but not your rationale behind the code, which is what you
> want to convey in comments).

Here! Here!

> Any questions?

That's pretty much all I had to say.  Personally i'm glad you still want
to stay in that area.  It reminds me of like the first e-mail i ever
sent you, and how I though everything was so cool... learned so much by
just reading the book and trying out the different commands to see what
they do and doing my own research, learn about x100 since then, but all
build from the ideas the original LFS-HOWTO had teached me.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org