LFS Goals and Future

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 7 04:50:42 PDT 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 04:21:29AM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> I would request that rather than discarding the explanations, the work put into them be recycled into a lfs-newbie-linux tutorial, though.
>
> Doesnt make sense to throw work away.

I'm not willing to put everything in a seperate book and even maintain
it. However, you may not be aware of the LFS Museum at
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-museum/ ?

It has every LFS release to-date starting with 1.0 and it's indexed daily
by the search engine at http://search.linuxfromscratch.org as well. So, the
information is still there and easily accessible.

Perhaps it can be made more prominent, that's something I want to change
when redoing the website at some time. I've found that a lot of people
don't find the current site all that easy to navigate (I agree but nothing
I can do about it at the moment, if somebody wants to completely redo the
site, go ahead).

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org