Just a thought that popped into my head

Christophe Devine devine at debiam.org
Tue May 7 09:56:21 PDT 2002

Ian Molton wrote:

> things change. that was probably back in the 2.91 days or such.
> the kernel and gcc changed, they co-operated better, 2.95.3 became
> the standard. I am sure 3.x will mature sometime in the not too
> distant future, BUT now is not the time. IMO.

The purpose of using gcc 3.1 in CVS is to test it before the next
release of LFS. If many people complain that it breaks their system
and that gcc 2.95.3 work much better, then we'll probably consider
switching back. However it probably won't be the case, since quite a
few people have used gcc 3.0.4 without problems.

PS: your lines are longer than 80 characters which is quite annoying
as I use slrn.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org