Just a thought that popped into my head

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 7 11:54:20 PDT 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 12:43:28PM -0400, Justin 'Gandalf' Hibbits wrote:
> Don't you get it?  YOU decide what you want!  YOU decide whether or not to
> use gcc3.x on YOUR system.  So what if the book goes to gcc3? I'm not going
> over to gcc3, or gawk, and I'm even gonna go to using uClibc!  That's MY
> decision! NOT Gerard's!  And if you can't comprehend something THAT simple,
> you should switch back to Mandrake/RedHat/Debian/whatever and get off the
> list.

Please let us keep it civilized. There's no need to throw around the phrase
"your distro, your problem" here. If that's all that counts why do we even
bother figuring out these things and stay current with software. I can just
close LFS now with whatever versions we have no and say "your distro you
upgrade your problem don't bother us". I'm still very open to discussions
what to do with the gcc-3 thing. I'm starting a new thread after I finish
all emails in this one so we can properly discuss it in it's own thread.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org